In this recipe, you freeze watermelon and use that instead of ice in the blender. First, cut the watermelon into chunks, then put it in a freezer bag for at least 4 hours. So good.
Makes about 6-8 drinks.
- Frozen Watermelon Margaritas
- 1 1/2 cups frozen watermelon
- 1 cup white tequila
- 3/4 cup cointreau
- 1/2-3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- Wedges of lime
- Salt for the rim
- Combine watermelon, tequila, cointreau and lime juice in a blender. Blend until it's pureed. Put the puree in a pitcher (or just leave it in your blender pitcher) and put in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Use a lime wedge to moisten the outside of a glass and dip that in a plate of salt. Pour margaritas into the glass and serve.