Karen Tack and Alan Richardson, the authors of the best-selling book, “Hello, Cupcake!: Irresistibly Playful Creations Anyone Can Make,” will be at the Rye Free Meeting Room from 10 a.m. to noon on Thursday, Nov. 19 to demonstrate, step-by-step, how to make amazing cupcakes for the holidays. More info, after the jump.
From a press release:
You’ve read about them in Gourmet, watched them on the Today Show and Good Morning America, and seen their cupcakes adorn the covers of Family Circle and Woman’s Day, now you can see the country’s most innovative cupcake decorators at the Rye Free Reading Room and learn their fun and easy techniques for making fabulous cupcakes.
In the book, you can learn how to:
• raise a big-top circus cupcake tier for a kid’s birthday
• plant candy vegetables on Oreo earth cupcakes for a garden party
• trot out a line of confectionery “pupcakes” for a dog fancier
• serve sausage and pepperoni pizza cupcakes for April Fool’s Day
• bewitch trick-or-treaters with chilly ghost chocolate cupcakes
• create holidays on icing with turkey cupcake place cards, a white cupcake Christmas wreath, and Easter egg cupcakes
At the demo, the authors will focus on holiday decorating. The Rye Free Reading Room is at 1061 Boston Post Road, Rye. For more info, call 914-967-0480.