If I had an extra grand lying around, I would so be doing this: a weekend at the Bedford Post Inn — room, yoga, breakfast and a five-course dinner included — and tickets and transportation to Dine with Design, a culinary fundraising event at (and to benefit) the Philip Johnson Glass House in New Canaan.
Let’s talk about Dine with Design first. There are two events: A Modern Picnic, where six chefs (we’ll get them in a minute; some big names there) and 10 artisans offer samples of their dishes from noon to 3 p.m. While you’re not noshing, you can take the time to explore the buildings, the art collection and the 47 acres of grounds at the Glass House. At 6:30 p.m., there is The Food Film Festival, which shows 8 short films about food. (The film festival alone is sold out.)
OK the chefs:
- Ana Sortun / Oleana / Cambridge, MA
- Gabriel Rucker / Le Pigeon / Portland, OR
- Tony Maws / Craigie on Main / Cambridge, MA
- Missy Robbins / A Voce / New York City
- Jeremy McMillan / The Farmhouse Restaurant at The Bedford Post Inn / Bedford, NY
- Tim LaBant / The Schoolhouse at Cannondale / Wilton, CT
- Frederic Kieffer / Artisan / Southport, CT
Impressive, right? And the artisans, three of which are some of our favorite Westchester producers:
- Theo Chocolate / Seattle, WA
- The Blue Pig Ice Cream / Croton-on-Hudson, NY
- Tuthilltown Spirits / Gardiner, NY
- Freddy Guy’s Hazelnuts / Monmouth, OR
- Beehive Cheese / Uintah, UT
- Wave Hill Breads / Norwalk, CT
- The Black Cow Coffee / Croton-on-Hudson, NY
- Island Creek Oysters / Duxbury, MA
- Summer Kitchen Bake House / Guilford, CT
- Captain Lawrence Brewing Company / Pleasantville, NY
If you who book a package through the Bedford Post, you will get an exclusive 5-Course Chef’s Tasting Menu paired with wines (on Friday), prepared by executive chef Jeremy McMillan, who incorporates the richness of Italian traditions with seasonal and locally sourced ingredients.
– Accommodations in a King Deluxe Room on June 8 and 9
– Sunset Yoga for Two (Friday, June 8)
– Luxury transportation to and from the Dine with Design events (Saturday, June 9)
– Complimentary breakfast tray each morning
Want to know more about the fundraiser? Head over to the Glass House web site.
Want to book the weekend? Here’s the Bedford Post web site. Tell me how it is!