This herbed polenta recipe from the Culinary Institue of America is a great match with our Bistecca all Fiorentina.
Nutrition analysis per 5.5-ounce serving: 180 calories, 10g protein, 17g carbohydrate, 7g fat, 1230mg sodium, 15mg cholesterol, less than 1g fiber
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- 1¼ teaspoons chopped thyme
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil and season with the salt and pepper. Add the cornmeal in a stream, stirring constantly until all of it has been added. Simmer, stirring often, until the polenta has thickened and starts to pull away lightly from the sides of the pot, 10 to 25 minutes depending on coarseness of meal. Remove from the heat and blend in the cheese, butter, rosemary, and thyme. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if desired.