- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a large casserole dish or a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover by 1 inch. Add 2 teaspoons of salt and bring to a boil. Cook until firm-tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes, then spread them in an even layer in the prepared casserole dish or baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, the panko, thyme, rosemary and sage. Sprinkle over the sweet potatoes. Drizzle the melted butter over the crumbs and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and tender.
- Alison Ladman, Associated Press