Get other recipes for Thanksgiving leftovers and step-by-step photos for this recipe by clicking here: Thanksgiving Leftovers: Seasonal Chef.
Recipe created by Maria Reina of Bella Cucina Maria
- 1/2 cup red onion, 1/4" dice
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, 1/4" dice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey, or chicken
- 1 cup room temperature veloute sauce (recipe above)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese (I like Sargento Reduced Fat 4 Cheese Mexican)
- 2 1/2 cups leftover sweet potato chunks
- 1/4 cup Fat Free Half and Half
- Toasted pepitas for garnish
- Saute the onion, pepper and garlic over medium heat with olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Cook until golden brown. Stir in the beans, corn, turkey and cook for 1 minute. Turn off the heat and stir in the veloute sauce and chili powder combining well. Add in the cilantro and divide evenly between 4 - 8 ounce oven proof ramekins. Top with 2 tablespoons each of cheese and set aside.
- Place the sweet potatoes in the bowl of a standing mixer with the cream. Whip for 2 minutes on medium speed to get them soft and fluffy. Scrap out and into a pastry bag or a 1 quart zip lock bag and cut off a corner.
- Pipe the potatoes over the turkey filling making a circular design. Top with a few toasted pepitas and place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes and serve.