Get other recipes for Thanksgiving leftovers and step-by-step photos for this recipe by clicking here: Thanksgiving Leftovers: Seasonal Chef.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in the stock, ½ cup at a time incorporating after each addition to keep it smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the liquid to a boil and reduce the heat to a low simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve. If not using right away place in a bowl and cover with a layer of plastic wrap (don't worry, it won't melt!) to keep a skin from forming. Cool completely and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.