This dip is about as simple as it gets, while it is perfect with warm bread of any kind, in our house we eat this with hot fresh and crisp griddle fried flatbreads called parathas. It is a simple meal but one that works well for a quiet evening. This dip is lovely with simple oven baked fish and your favorite crudities as well.
The garlic does add a touch of sharpness that mellows and melts into the rich and creamy yogurt cheese, but if you are not a fan of garlic, you might want to reduce the amount used or even maybe replacing it with some black pepper for a different variation of sharp flavor. All up to you.
A simple tripple herb creamy dip with lebneh, cucumbers, mint, cilantro and dill.
- 1 cup of lebneh (Middle Eastern Kefir Cheese)
- 2 pods garlic
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 11/2 tablespoons minced mint
- 1 tablespoon minced dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 11/2 cups grated cucumber (1 medium sized English cucumber, peeled)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Place the lebneh in a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Crush the garlic with a mortar and mix in the crushed garlic.
- Add in the olive oil, mint, dill and cilantro and mix well.
- Stir in the cucumber, salt and lemon juice and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.