Finding a new variation to an old theme can be refreshing—and fun! This take on tuna is one I hope you’ll enjoy.Read more about it here!
Latin Twist: Tuna Salad with Spark
My friends, you can always adjust the ingredients in this very versatile tuna salad to fit your/your family and friends' preferences!
- 2 six-ounce cans of tuna packed in water, drained ?
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper (or to taste)
- 1 roasted jalapeño (or to taste)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise or plain yogurt—or a combination of the two
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro (or flat-leaf parsley) leaves
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small mixing bowl, break up the tuna with a fork.
- Toss with the onion, tomato, red bell pepper, jalapeño (if using), mayonnaise or yogurt, cilantro or parsley, and fresh lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.