Leftover chicken gets a new spin by updating it with tarragon and chives. To read more about my post about tarragon click here for the post.
This updated chicken salad is the perfect way to use your leftover rotisserie chicken. It’s a simple salad ready in less than 20 minutes.
- 4 cups cooked chicken breast, 1″ pieces, about 2 breasts
- 1 cup celery, 1/4″ dice, about 3 stalks
- 1/2 cup celery leaves
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon each of kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tarragon, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chives, finely sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup blackberries
- Mixed lettuce greens
- Fruity olive oil
- Place the chicken, celery and celery leaves in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, tarragon and chives.
- Add the yogurt dressing to the chicken and gently mix to cover all the chicken pieces.
- Add in the blackberries and fold carefully, trying to keep them whole, but also covered with the yogurt dressing. Taste for seasoning.
- Place a handful of lettuce greens on the bottom of a plate and drizzle with a small amount of a nice olive oil. Season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Top with a scoop of the chicken salad and garnish with a bit of tarragon and chives.