The past few days had been the quick fix kind of weather, they saw a lot of stir-fries and salads happening in my house. This flavorful stir-fry with shrimp also takes its place right alongside these quickfix creations. To see more of these quick-fix seasonal creations, do not forget to stop by the facebook page or my blog. Well, even if it was not the weather these last few weeks of school tend to be so packed, I am lucky if I get anything done for myself and keep the household equilibrium.
It is for those days, where for any reason you choose, you wish to spend less time in the kitchen and still cull together a meal that is interesting and flavorful. Today’s shrimp dish, is tossed together with some staples mostly from the Thai inspired segment of my kitchen, served over white jasmine rice it offers you a meal that is simple and satisfying all at once.
A simple thai inspired shrimp stir fry.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass paste
- 1 pound of medium shrimp, shelled and de-viened
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 11/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped Thai basil leaves, plus extra to garnish
- Heat the oil on medium high heat and add in the shallot and cook until the shallot softens and begins to turn pale golden.
- Add in the ginger and the lemongrass paste and mix well.
- Add in the shrimp and saute well for about 3 minutes, stirring the mixture well.
- Add in the fish sauce,brown sugar and the cayenne mix well and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the flavors settle for about 10 minutes and serve hot with steamed white jasmine rice.