Did you ever savor a sip of something that was so aromatic and tasty, that you closed your eyes to taste it better? (Please, mis queridos amigos, I can’t be the only one who shuts her eyes to taste better!) Okay, so yesterday I had the supreme pleasure of trying a new fruit liquer –made with açai berries and Brazil’s sugar cane rum (cachaça—pronounced ka-CHA-sah), and haven’t stopped thinking about it! But the best discovery was how it adds flavor—and color—to a mojito. And so, my Brazilian-Style Mojito was born! So where can you find this wonderful addition to your cocktail mixing repertoire? Zachy’s in Scarsdale, Midway Liquors in Scarsdale, and Westhester Wine Warehouse in White Plains. Mi friends, I’d love to hear how you like this Brazilian twist! ¡Buen Provecho! Enjoy!
Light and summery, this mojito with a Brazilian twist is the perfect summertime fiesta cocktail!
- 4 mint sprigs
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 wedges of a lime (about ½ a lime)
- 2 ounces rum
- ½ ounce lime juice
- ¾ ounce Cedilla (açai liquer)
- Remove the mint leaves from their stems, and place them in a tall bar glass.
- Add the sugar.
- Use a pestle or the end of a wooden spoon to lightly mash the mint leaves and sugar together (you don't want to over-muddle or the leaves become bitter).
- Add the lime juice, rum, and a cup of ice.
- Cover and shake.
- Top with club soda, stir lightly, garnish, and serve!