The lure of the Caribbean (and yes, Central America) is—at least for me—always present in one form or another. Hence my inspiration in this Friday’s drink: The Belize Cocktail. Pineapple juice, coconut, and rum have always made a beautiful combo. This cocktail is no exception. And what better way to coooooooool down! These days, I mostly enjoy it on the rocks…but straight up is just fine. Adapted from my Caribbean Cocktail/Appetizer Collection:
Calypso Coolers — photos by Ellie Miller
Belize Cocktails are great whether it’s a party of two, or ten! Simply multiply amounts according to the number of people you have (this recipe is for two servings).
- 4 ounces coconut rum (if you’ve got coconut water, forget the coconut rum; use your favorite light rum combined with your coconut water.)
- 4 ounces fresh or unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 cups ice cubes
- 2 fresh pineapple wedges for garnish
- Combine all of the ingredients–except for the garnish–in a shaker.
- Pour into a wine or cocktail glass, garnish, and serve!