This salsa screams summer, says Latin Twist blogger Arlen Gargagliano. “It’s perfect for eating with chips, spooning atop your favorite grilled fish and shrimp, or some sautéed fresh greens! AND it’s so versatile: you can adapt it depending on your yearning for more heat (more jalapeño, for example) or the addition of other ingredients. You can make this with fresh peaches as well, but the grilling makes those lovely summer fruits that much more delectable!”
- 2 ripe peaches, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 roasted jalapeño, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro, chopped
- Heat a grill pan or a grill to medium high, and place the peach halves, flesh side down, onto the grill. Cook until grill marks appear, but be careful not to overcook (if you wait too long, it will get mushy!).
- Toss all of the chopped ingredients together in a bowl. Add the fresh lime juice on top. Add salt and pepper, and the olive oil. Add the cilantro just before seving. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.