The Associated Press
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (also called pepitas), toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, or until tender and well browned. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese and return to the oven for 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds and dates.
Nutrition information per serving: 250 calories; 110 calories from fat (44 percent of total calories); 13 g fat (4.5 g saturated; 0 g trans fats); 20 mg cholesterol; 26 g carbohydrate; 7 g fiber; 13 g sugar; 14 g protein; 260 mg sodium.