- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 3 medium apples, peeled and diced
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 loaf multigrain bread, cubed and toasted
- 2 1 / 2cups low-sodium turkey or chicken broth or stock
- Heat the oven to 400 F. Coat a large casserole or 9-by-13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high, melt the butter. Add the onions and celery and cook until tender, 7 to 8 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the salt, pepper, scallions, parsley, sage and tarragon.
- In a large bowl, combine the onion mixture with the cooked rice, apples, raisins and bread cubes. Stir in the broth. Spoon into the prepared pan and cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- The Associated Press
Nutrition information per serving: 330 calories; 120 calories from fat (36 percent of total calories); 13 g fat (8 g saturated; 0 g trans fats); 30 mg cholesterol; 48 g carbohydrate; 7 g fiber; 22 g sugar; 8 g protein; 440 mg sodium.