If you’re looking for easy turkey recipes for Thanksgiving, you’ve come to the right places. Nothing here but salt, pepper, butter and the bird.
From the Associated Press. This turkey is so basic, it calls for just four ingredients and won’t leave you with any cleanup! Start to finish: 3 hours. Makes a 12- to 14-pound turkey.
- 12- to 14-pound turkey
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 large heavy-duty disposable roasting pans
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Remove the giblets and neck from the turkey cavity, if present. Rub the bird all over with the butter, then sprinkle it generously with salt and pepper.
- Stack the disposable roasting pans one inside the other (for greater stability). Arrange the turkey in the roasting pan, breast side up. Roast for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. The temperature of the breast should reach 160 F and the thigh should reach 170 F. If the turkey begins to darken too much, place foil over the top.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and cover with foil, if not already covered. Place several towels over the foil to keep the turkey warm. Let the turkey rest for 15 minutes before carving.
Nutrition information per serving: 450 calories; 220 calories from fat (49 percent of total calories); 24 g fat (9 g saturated; 0 g trans fats); 200 mg cholesterol; 0 g carbohydrate; 0 g fiber; 0 g sugar; 55 g protein; 360 mg sodium.