I have a big family, and there are a lot of cooks in the kitchen. This mashed sweet potatoes recipe is special to me because it’s the first dish I ever made for the holidays.
— Chef Eric C. Korn, Good-Life Gourmet
- 6 sweet potatoes
- 2 whole bananas
- 1/2 stick of butter, cut into small chunks
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Chopped chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Cut the sweet potatoes in half. Roast in the oven at 350 degrees until soft (about 40 minutes). Roast the bananas at the same temperature for 15 minutes.
- 2. Let the sweet potatoes and bananas cool, then add to a food processor with the butter maple syrup and apple cider vinegar. Mix until smooth.
- 3. Fold in the the chopped chives, salt and pepper. Put in a casserole dish and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Serve.
Tip: This dish can be made up to three days before and stored, covered, in a casserole dish. Just bring to room temperature before baking, and then serve!
Good-Life Gourmet Catering, 108 Main St., Irvington, 914-478-8080, good-lifegourmet.com.