One of our favorite holiday dishes is Myong’s Roasted Root Holiday Medley. The simplicity and beauty of these fall root vegetables makes the holiday extra special. The calorie content is very low and the health benefits are just amazing! The colors a vibrant and go beautifully with the other traditional holiday s high calorie fare.
—Rob Feiner, Myong Gourmet & The Global Grill
- 4 carrots, cut lengthwise about 4 inches in evenly diced
- 4 sweet potatoes, sliced and cubed
- 4 parsnips, sliced and cubed
- 3 medium sized beets (roast separately at 500 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes. DO NOT PEEL prior to cooking).
- 4 Bosc pears, cored and halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped for garnish
- Place evenly on a baking sheet all of the veggies, except for the beets.
- Roast uncovered at 400 degrees for about 16-20 minutes. Let cool, toss in holiday bowl.
- Peel the beats after cooled, cube them and add them into the mix.
- Toss everything together.
- Serve cool or room temperature.
Some of the veggies take longer to roast and some will go quicker. It’s the cut size that determines how quickly everything will roast. This dish can be made a few days in advance.
Myong Gourmet, 487 Main Street, Mount Kisco, 914-241-6333, www.plgourmet.com.