Looking for a special holiday dish for two?
Chef Arturo McLeod of Benjamin Steakhouse Westchester shared his surprisingly simple rack of lamb recipe with us. Elegant and special, but not intimidating.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 rack of lamb (roughly about 8 chops)
- ¼ cup fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh thyme, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh oregano, finely chopped
- ¼ cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl and add the rack of lamb. Cover with plastic and marinade for about 30 minutes.
- Remove lamb from marinade. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet and sear the lamb rack on both sides.
- Place rack in a medium size casserole dish and cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Mix herbs and bread crumbs together.
- Remove dish from oven and brush the top side of the rack with mustard.
- Pat the bread crumb/herb mixture onto the mustard.
- Return the casserole dish to the oven and cook for 5 more minutes, or until 130 degrees at its center for medium-rare.
Benjamin Steakhouse Westchester, 610 Hartsdale Rd., White Plains, 914-428-6868, www.benjaminsteakhouse.com.