These two hot whiskey cocktails come to us courtesy of Alibi American Whiskey, by Panache Beverages in New York City.
With all the snow falling outside and a stack of presents to start wrapping, a cozy drink just sounds too good to pass up. Cheers!
- 1 stick of butter
- 5 ounces of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 ounces Alibi American Whiskey
- Boiling water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Star anise
- Mix butter, brown sugar, spices in a bowl. Transfer batter into an air-tight container and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Combine whiskey, 2 tablespoons of the batter, hot water and whiskey into mason jar. Stir.
- 2 ounces of Alibi American Whiskey
- 1/2 ounce of Grade B maple syrup
- Lemon wheel, studded with cloves
- Cinnamon stick
- 3 ounces of hot water
- Combine Alibi American Whiskey, hot water and maple syrup in a mason jar. Add hot water. Garnish with lemon wheel and cinnamon stick.