Jerk tofu is one of my favorite ways to eat tofu. I like to make up a batch of this at the beginning of the week, and add it to salads for my lunches. It’s also great served hot! Really, there is no wrong way to serve this. Last weekend I ate cold pieces out of a container for breakfast. Yeah, sometimes I just really don’t want to cook.
I use a jerk seasoning blend I buy online. Feel free to use your favorite, or to make your own!
If you missed my primer on tofu, make sure to check it out here!
- 1 14-19oz package of extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- juice of 2 oranges
- juice of one lime
- 2 tbs tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbs avocado oil
- 2tbs Jamaican jerk seasoning
- Slice your drained and pressed tofu in half, lengthwise.
- Slice the two halves in half again height wise, and then again width wise.
- You should now have 8 small rectangles; slice each rectangle in half diagonally, leaving you with triangles.
- Arrange the triangles in a single layer in a shallow dish.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients. The liquids should add up to about a cup; if not, add water or more orange juice to add up to a cup.
- Pour over the tofu triangles. Marinate for at least 4 hours, flipping once halfway through.
- Remove tofu from marinade and arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350F. Flip once halfway through.
- Turn the oven up to the broil setting. Broil 3 minutes and remove from oven.
- Let rest for a few moments before serving.