Balsamic Marinated Mushrooms are a good crostini topper for a party, Oscar or otherwise.
From the Associated Press Start to finish: 2 hours (15 minutes active); Servings: 12.
- 1 pound small cremini or button mushrooms
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Halve or quarter the mushrooms to be small bites. Heat a skillet over medium-high and add the mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then cook, stirring frequently, until they begin to release their moisture and brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic, olive oil and rosemary, then cook for another 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the balsamic vinegar. Cover and let sit for 2 hours.
Nutrition information per serving: 35 calories; 20 calories from fat (57 percent of total calories); 2.5 g fat (0 g saturated; 0 g trans fats); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrate; 0 g fiber; 1 g sugar; 1 g protein; 45 mg sodium.