Broiled Herb Ricotta is a great topper for a crostini for a party, Oscar or otherwise.
From the Associated Press Start to finish: 20 minutes Servings: 16
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Heat the broiler.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta, oregano, thyme, scallions and egg. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the mixture into a shallow oven-safe gratin dish. Broil for 5 minutes on the oven’s middle shelf (about 8 inches below the heat), or until hot and golden.
Nutrition information per serving: 60 calories; 40 calories from fat (67 percent of total calories); 4.5 g fat (2.5 g saturated; 0 g trans fats); 25 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrate; 0 g fiber; 0 g sugar; 4 g protein; 60 mg sodium.