Roasted Cauliflower Tapenade with Romano and Almonds makes for a good crostini topper for a party, Oscar or otherwise.
By the Associated Press Start to finish: 45 minutes Servings: 12
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and cut into chunks
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cherry or Peppadew peppers
- 1/4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
- Heat the oven to 400 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Working in batches in a food processor, pulse the cauliflower chunks to small pieces, about 1 / 4inch.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a medium bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and a sprinkle each of salt and black pepper. Spread on the prepared baking sheet and bake until lightly browned, stirring once or twice, about 30 minutes. Return the cauliflower to the bowl and stir in the remaining olive oil, the chopped peppers, cheese and almonds. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition information per serving: 80 calories; 60 calories from fat (75 percent of total calories); 7 g fat (1.5 g saturated; 0 g trans fats); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrate; 1 g fiber; 1 g sugar; 2 g protein; 120 mg sodium.