Seared Maple Kielbasa with Raisins and Sunflower Seeds makes for a great crostini topper for a party, Oscar or otherwise.
From the Associated Press Start to finish: 15 minutes Servings: 12
- 8 ounces kielbasa, finely diced
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons toasted sunflower seeds
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, sear the kielbasa until well browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the maple syrup and red pepper flakes and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Stir in the raisins and sunflower seeds. Spoon into a serving dish.
Nutrition information per serving: 80 calories; 35 calories from fat (44 percent of total calories); 4 g fat (1.5 g saturated; 0 g trans fats); 15 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrate; 0 g fiber; 6 g sugar; 3 g protein; 230 mg sodium.