Throwing an Oscar party or other celebration? Here are a few fancy crostini toppings, including this recipe for smoked salmon tartare.
From the Associated Press.
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1/2 English cucumber, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Place the salmon in the freezer for 10 minutes, or until very cold. Dice the salmon using a very sharp knife.
- In a medium bowl, combine the citrus zests and juices, cucumber, chives, cilantro and coriander. Mix gently but thoroughly, then mix in the salmon. Season with salt and black pepper.
Nutrition information per serving: 30 calories; 10 calories from fat (33 percent of total calories); 1 g fat (0 g saturated; 0 g trans fats); 5 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrate; 0 g fiber; 1 g sugar; 4 g protein; 150 mg sodium.