Soft-Boiled Eggs with Greens and Apples make a good topping for crostini for a party, Oscar or otherwise.
From the Associated Press.
Start to finish: 30 minutes Servings: 16
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Black truffle salt (found in specialty stores)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups baby beet greens (or other baby green, such as kale)
- 1 large tart apple, cored and finely chopped
- Place the eggs in a small saucepan and add enough water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, then cover, remove the pan from the heat and set aside for 9 minutes.
- Drain the eggs and transfer them to a bowl of ice water to cool. Once the eggs are cool, carefully peel them. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, a hefty pinch of truffle salt and pepper. Add the beet greens and apple, then toss to coat. Arrange on a serving plate. Cut the eggs into quarters and arrange over the top of the greens. Finish with another sprinkle of truffle salt.