We decided Easter side dishes deserve more respect, and we start with peas. Give them a simple saute with butter and a trio of seeds — caraway, coriander and mustard — and suddenly they are a dish worth getting excited about. Alison Ladman, The Associated Press
The Associated Press Start to finish: 15 minutes Servings: 4
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 10 ounces sweet peas
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the caraway seeds, coriander, mustard and paprika. Cook, stirring frequently, until toasty smelling, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the peas and saute for 3 to 4 minutes, or until just tender. Season with salt and black pepper.
Nutrition information per serving: 110 calories; 50 calories from fat (45 percent of total calories); 6 g fat (3.5 g saturated; 0 g trans fats); 15 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrate; 4 g fiber; 0 g sugar; 4 g protein; 120 mg sodium.