Sometimes you just don’t have time to make a decent breakfast, but with a little planning you can make sure you don’t miss out on the most important meal of the day. Set a few things up in the ‘fridge the night before and your overnight oatmeal will be a snap in the morning. Creativity is the name of the game. Below is a basic recipe. Add whatever fruit you like and granola for texture.
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup regular oatmeal, not instant
- 1/2 cup desired fresh or frozen fruit
- Honey, to taste
- 2 tablespoons (or more) granola
- In a small bowl combine the milk, yogurt, chia seeds and cinnamon. Whisk until smooth. Add the oats and combine well. Cover and place in the 'fridge overnight.
- Prep your fruit: pre-cut dragonfruit, mango or kiwi. Rinse and pat dry your favorite berries. Place in a small bowl in the fridge.
- The next morning taste the oatmeal mix and add honey to taste. In two glass or plastic containers layer the oatmeal mix with your prepared fruit(s) and top with granola.
Cook time does not include overnight in the 'fridge.