White bean veggie burgers are so easy to make and can be incredibly filling and delicious. They are my favorite lunch after a big work out at the gym. This veggie burger incorporates seasonal ramps to give it a nice oniony bite.
These quick veggie burgers are loaded with flavor using your spring ramps and fresh herbs. Once ramp season leaves us substitute the ramps for three scallions and one large garlic clove.
- 3 - 4 ramps, roughly chopped
- 2 - 15 oz cans of cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 cup carrot grated, 2 -3 using a box grater
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 lemon, zest and juice divided
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 egg, whisked
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- Place the ramps in a food processor and run for about 15 seconds. Scrape down the sides and add the beans and pulse 3 or 4 times to break them up. Don't over process as they will leave the patty with a mealy texture. Scrape into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the carrot, cooked quinoa, mint, parsley, lemon zest and 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Mix to combine and taste for seasoning before adding the egg.
- Add the egg and combine well. Scoop out into 1/2 cup patties and pan fry in a non-stick pan coated with a little oil, until brown on both sides.
- While the patties are cooking mix the lemon juice, yogurt, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Mix well and taste for additional seasoning.
- Serve the patty slightly warm topped with the yogurt spread.
Cook time does not include cooking the quinoa. To cook quinoa bring 1 1/2 cups water to boil with 1 teaspoon of kosher salt. Add 1 cup of quinoa. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and steam for another 5 minutes. Remove from the pot and fluff with a fork.