Deciding on a dessert to celebrate the most selfless and loving person in most of our lives is no easy task. Mother’s Day desserts should be beautiful, delicious and special enough to befit the holiday’s guest of honor. These tiny cheesecakes meet all this criteria and more! With a classic graham crust, a creamy center and a lovely berry topping, they are sure to be a hit at any holiday gathering. Best of all, their tiny size makes them practically guilt-free, which will make mothers particularly Happy!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (smash about 7 crackers in a sealed ziplock bag)
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup mixed berries
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jelly
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Place foil liner in each cup of a mini muffin pan (24 total.)
- Prepare crust by combining graham cracker crumbs, butter and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Spoon about a teaspoon of crumbs into each liner; press down on the crumbs to cover the bottoms completely.
- To make filling, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add sugar and vanilla and beat until fully incorporated. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Spoon cream cheese filling into the muffin cups until almost full. Bake for about 12 minutes. The cakes will not be completely set but they will continue to cook outside of the oven. Allow the cakes to cool completely, about an hour at room temperature.
- Make the berry topping by melting jelly in saucepan over low heat. Pour warm jelly over a bowl of mixed berries (if using strawberries, cut to about the size of a raspberry.) Stir the fruit until it is thoroughly coated with the shiny jelly. Place one berry on top of each cheesecake, taking care not to pick up extra jelly (this will make the top soggy and aesthetically less appealing.)
- These can be made a day early and stored in refrigerator. To serve, remove the foil liners and place the cakes on a serving tray.