I’m already thinking Memorial Day grilling! Rosemary is a surprising herb to add to burgers, but it pushes a beef burger a little toward the flavors of a lamb burger, without the gaminess. It’s especially nice with a mild blue cheese like Cashel.
- 2 pounds ground sirloin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Worcestshire
- 1 egg
- 3 generous shakes Tapatio hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cashel Blue Cheese
- Place all ingredients except cheese in a big bowl. Wash your hands and use them to mix all the ingredients well. Then form into 4 to 6 patties, about 1/2-inch thick. Place on a platter and cover with plastic wrap. Let them come to room temperature before grilling.
- Grill the burgers over medium heat, 5 to 6 minutes a side, turning once, until still pink in the center. Toast the buns on the grill.
- Serve each topped with a generous slice of cheese and your selection of condiments.