These turkey burgers are healthy, delicious and easy to make. A winner all the way around. The burgers are so easy to make that even after years — years! — I didn’t even have to look up a recipe. You take two carrots, one zucchini and about half a 10-ounce package of mushrooms and shred them in a food processor.
The shredded vegetables keep them nice and juicy no matter what.
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 medium zucchini
- About 5 ounces mushrooms
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or put through a press
- A scant tablespoon grapeseed oil
- Buns, cheese and condiments of your choosing (I love these with avocados)
- Shred the carrots, zucchini and mushrooms in a food processor. Place in a large bowl. Add turkey, soy sauce and garlic. Blend well. Shape into patties.
- Grill over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes a side, flipping once. Toast buns and serve with condiments.
- Alternatively, heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil and spread it over the entire surface. Add the burgers and saute until a brown crust forms on the bottom, about six minutes. You may cover the pan for part of the time. Flip the burgers and cook until no more pink is showing, about 4 to 6 minutes longer.
- Toast buns and serve with condiments.
This post originally published May 27, 2011 @ 16:00