The start of summer brings to mind so many happy images: the ecstatic smiles coming off the bus on the last day of school, friends getting together for barbecues and pool parties, children running around, catching fireflies at said gatherings and, of course, the quintessential dessert of summer being enjoyed by all. With the combination of warm chocolate, oozing marshmallow and crunchy graham crackers, s’mores are a mouth-watering campfire treat. However, if the campfire thing isn’t conducive to your party, don’t fret! You can prepare your s’mores ahead of time and bake them in the oven at the last minute. Individually wrapped in aluminum foil, they are super simple to bake and serve. And after just one bite of this classic treat, your guests will forget all about their usual involvement in its preparation!
- 16 graham crackers
- 4 Hershey milk chocolate bars
- 16 marshmallows
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Break the graham crackers in half to give you 32 graham crackers squares.
- Break the chocolate bars in quarters to give you 16 rectangles of chocolate.
- Lay out 16 pieces of aluminum foil, about 12” x 12” square.
- One at a time, place a graham square on a piece of foil. Top it with a piece of chocolate, then marshmallow, then a second graham square. Wrap the s’more securely in the foil so that it is completely covered and place on a baking sheet. Repeat to assemble 16 total s’mores.
- Bake the foil-covered s’mores on center rack for 5 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before serving.
- Can wrap the s'mores ahead of time and bake just before serving.
- Makes 16 s’mores