This easy salad made with quickly sautéed mizuna and be easily combined with couscous or rice. Click this link to read more about leafy greens and mizuna.
A quick sauté mellows the flavor of the mizuna and the balsamic dressing brings all the flavors together.
- 1 bunch of mizuna
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa or a grain of your choice
- ½ cup golden raisins
- Balsamic vinegar
- Rinse the mizuna under cool water and shake off any residual dirt. Chop the leaves and stems to about ¼”. You should have about 4-5 cups.
- Saute the mizuna in a medium pan over medium heat with a good drizzle of olive oil and ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes, until it wilts slightly.
- Remove from the pan and place in large bowl. Add the quinoa and raisins and toss well.
- Combine 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1½ tablespoon of balsamic and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk well to combine and pour over the salad. Toss to combine and taste for seasoning.