See House of Bedlam blogger Elaine Studdert’s post on her top ten tips and tricks from for packing your kids’ lunchboxes on this post here: ABC’s of The Lunchbox. And here’s her PB&J Pancake Sandwiches recipe:
Recipe by Elaine Studdert of House of Bedlam.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, plus more for coating skillet
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons jelly
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. In a small bowl, mix buttermilk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla. Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until just combined.
- Heat a griddle to medium high heat and lightly coat with butter. Pour batter onto hot griddle, approximately ¼ cup per pancake. Cook about 2-3 minutes, until small bubbles appear on surface and bottom is golden brown. Flip and cook other side about 2 minutes.
- Let pancakes cool completely. Spread approximately 1 teaspoon each of peanut butter and jelly between two pancakes, cut in half and pack ‘em up.