Make sure to check out my post about zucchini!
The special part that makes these vegan rather than only vegetarian is the lack of eggs, so you will need some ground flax for this.
Also remember to get as much water as possible out of your zucchini!
- 2 medium zucchini, or a mix of zucchini and other summer squash
- 1 tsp + 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1 flax egg (1 tbs of ground flax + 3 tbs of water, mixed and left to stand for 5 minutes)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tbs minced cilantro or chives
- ground black pepper (2-3 twists of the mill)
- 1/2 tbs tapioca starch
- oil for frying
- Grate the zucchini/summer squash, and toss with 1 tsp salt, and allow to drain in a colander for 10 minutes. At the end of 10 minutes, squeeze out additional water with a clean dishtowel.
- Add grated and drained squash to a bowl with the remainder of the ingredients, except oil.
- Preheat oil for frying.
- Shape fritters in your hands by squeezing them into flat discs, like pancakes.
- Fry 2-3 minutes each side.
- Serve with dipping sauce of choice; I like vegan mayo mixed with sriracha.