This recipe accompanies a story on local chefs’ favorite Rosh Hashana recipes: The Best Thing They Ever Ate (for Rosh Hashana).
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, unsalted
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 large banana, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- To add an Art Cafe twist use these optional ingredients:
- 1/2 teaspoon of rose water
- 1/2 crushed pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch by 5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine butter and sugar in a food processor for one minute. Add beaten eggs and process it until combined.
- Add in the optional ingredients at this time.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of honey in a saucepan over low heat for one minute.
- Add the honey to the food processor along with the banana, and blend until smooth texture.
- Add the flour and cinnamon and process until well combined. Pour evenly into the loaf pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Let the pan sit for 5 minutes before removing it from the pan.
- Warm the remaining honey and brush it over the warm cake. Also, serve with powdered sugar on top and enjoy for the holiday.