Mis amigos, you’ve heard my cheers for the pairing of great flavors; here’s another one to add to your list: coffee-stout chocolate drizzle!
Now, stay with me here, because I’m working on a cooking-with-beer theme. Last week I wrote about a savory beer-infused dish:beer-roasted corn salsa (great stuff, by the way!). But now, my friends, I’m leaning to the sweet side of beer elements. This drizzle can be served atop brownies (here’s one of my recipes!) and vanilla or your favorite flavored ice cream, and one of my favorites, whipped cream! Beers I’m using? Nothing but those from my neighbors: Broken Bow Brewery in Tuckahoe! (You’ve got to stop by and taste their amazing brews AND get a tour!)
And, as you always hear me say, the sky’s the limit! Would love to hear about your cooking with beer ideas! Until then, ¡Buen provecho! Enjoy!
The perfect complement to vanilla or coffee ice cream, this flavor-packed drizzle adds layers of taste!
- 4 quarts Broken Bow Broken Heart Coffee Stout
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large saucepan, combine the stout and the sugar.
- Remove from heat and add the chocolate chips.
- Stir to blend.
- Use immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
4 quarts Broken Bow Broken Heart Coffee Stout
1 ½ cups brown sugar
¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. In a large saucepan, combine the stout and the sugar.
2. Cook, over medium-low heat, until reduced by half.
3. Remove from heat and add the chocolate chips.
4. Stir to blend.
5. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.