On House of Bedlam’s post this week: Family Dinners in a Busy World we share some ideas to save your family dinner from extinction now that school has started and after school activities are in full swing. Our recipe for Curry Chicken & Rice is quick and easy for those nights when you have to get your kids out the door fast.
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 lb. chicken cutlets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cups basmati rice, cooked
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour with the salt and pepper. Toss in the chicken and coat with the flour mixture.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of the olive oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Add the chicken and brown on both sides, about 2 minutes each side. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add in remaining olive oil to skillet and saute garlic, onions, and zucchini until translucent, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add curry and cumin to the vegetables and cook for an additional minute. Pour in chicken stock and scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat, stir in coconut milk.
- Place the chicken back into the pan and toss to coat and cook for a few minutes to warm through. Serve immediately over rice. Or let cool completely and freeze.