Give your holiday Brussels sprouts a makeover with this recipe from Mogan Anthony, chef of Village Social in Mount Kisco. To see more holiday entertaining videos and read about how to spice up classic dishes on your holiday table, click http://www.lohud.com/holidaydishes
- 1 pound quartered Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- Pickled shallots (recipe below)
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400. Place Brussels sprouts on a sheet pan and toss with olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast Brussels sprouts for 20-30 minutes, until the outer leaves are brown and caramelized.
- Toss hot sprouts with paprika and toasted almonds, then gently toss with pickled shallots, adding a little of the pickling juice. Sprinkle a little sea salt.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot.
- 1 cup fresh apple cider
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 clove
- 1 thyme sprig
- 4 shallots, cut into rings
- Bring apple cider, cider vinegar, sugar, salt, fennel seeds, clove and thyme to a simmer, stirring to melt the sugar. Remove from heat, let cool, then add shallots. Allow them to pickle several hours.
This was originally posted Dec. 8, 2013
<!— Start of Brightcove Player —>
<!— End of Brightcove Player —>