Thought I’d share one of my very few cookie recipes! Learn about vegan cookies here!
- 1 cup port wine
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 cups of flour, all purpose or white whole wheat, or a combination of both
- 4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- a drizzle of wine
- a drizzle of non-dairy milk (or water)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet; alternately, line with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a large bowl, mix the wet ingredients (including sugar). In a separate bowl, mix the dry and run a whisk through them to “sift.”
- Mix dry into wet and combine.
- Using about a (generous) tablespoon of dough, form into a ball; lightly flatten and put on cookie sheet (dough will not spread when baked- use your judgment on what you want them to look like when done).
- Bake about 15 minutes. Remove to cooling racks.
- Mix wine into sugar, beating with a fork or wire whisk. Sugar will clump; add milk to thin out to a thick, syrupy consistency.
- Drizzle glaze on cooled biscuits. Allow glaze to harden before putting biscuits away.