- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 cup chopped vegan ham-style seitan
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 3 Tbs slivered or sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup vegan white wine
- salt (optional)
- parsley/chives/scallions for garnish, optional
- Heat the oil over medium heat in soup pot.
- Add onions and saute until fragrant.
- Add flour, and cook over medium heat until it comes together with onions/oil.
- Add broth gradually and whisk with previous ingredients to combine thoroughly. Bring to a boil, and then cook for one minute longer.
- Add rice, vegan ham, carrot and almonds. Stir to combine and simmer an additional 5 minute.
- Add white wine, cook until heated through.
- Taste for salt; serve in bowls with garnish.