Pestos are an easy way to utilize your herbs and leafy greens. Using radish greens in a pesto, gives your dish a little extra interest. Click this link to read more about radishes.
This easy pesto is great on a sandwich and also on potatoes, for new twist on potato salad. Add some chopped radishes for a little crunch and parsley for an herbaceous finish.
- 2 cups of packed radish greens, from 1 small bunch
- 2 tablespoons of chopped unsalted cashews chopped radishes,
- 2 tablespoons chopped radish, about 2-3
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons of water, plus more as needed
- Zest and juice of one juicy lime
- Blanch the greens for 30 seconds in boiling salted water. Drain and shock in an ice bath. Drain again and give the greens a little squeeze to remove some of the water. Chop them a little.
- In the bowl of a food processor add the cashews and radish; process for 30 seconds. Add the radish greens and a pinch of salt and pepper and process for another minute.
- Scrape down the sides and add the water and lime; process for another minute. Scrape down again, if needed, and check for seasoning. Add a little more water, salt and pepper if needed.